Thanks for making our Summer Camp 2014 the best yet! Look for 2015 camp information in February.
MPM’s two-day camp for kids ages 9 - 11 is one of the most exciting camps of the season! This special opportunity offers a behind-the-scenes glimpse at the inner-workings of the Museum, as well as a chance to get up-close and personal with two real mummies.
Campers ages 9-11 will:
- learn about their camp topic in Museum exhibits
- engage in hands-on activities
- enjoy a giant screen film or Planetarium show
- This camp is from 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. on July 9 & 10
- Camp is $115, $90 for members.
- Before care is available from 8 - 9:15 a.m. and costs $20 per each two-day camp. After care is available from 3:30 - 5 p.m. and costs $20 per each two-day camp.
- Campers must bring their own lunch.
- Register after February 14 by calling our admissions office at 414-278-2714.
Egyptian Mummies In-depth
July 9 & 10
Registration Deadline: June 18
Mission: Analyze a mummy to learn everything you can about him. When was he mummified? Where? How old was he at the time of mummification? What was his job in ancient Egypt, and how did he die? These are the questions mummy experts ask themselves, and this is what we’ll try to discover as we examine two of the Museum’s real ancient Egyptian mummies.
When does the camp day begin and end?
The camp day begins at 9:30 a.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m. Regular morning check-in begins at 9:15 a.m. Paid before-care is $20 and starts at 8 a.m. (must have pre-registered). Paid after-care is $20 and runs from 3:30 - 5 p.m
Where and when do I check in?
Please come to the check-in / check-out area near the MPM café. Before-care check-in begins at 8 a.m., and regular check-in begins at 9:15 a.m. You must accompany your child into the building and check in with camp staff by 9:20 a.m. During check-in, we will need you to verify your emergency contact information and any health or medical instructions.
Where do I pick up my child(ren)?
Please come to the check-in / check-out area to pick up your child at 3:30 p.m. Notify the camp teacher and sign the child out. Camp teachers will wait with children until 3:35 p.m. Those arriving late for pick-up will be charged $5 (cash) per every 5 minutes they are late. Anyone picking up your child must present an ID and must be listed on your camp registration forms.