Venture onto a poisonous path of your own choosing at this adults-only event!
Experience all three exhibit floors, including The Power of Poison (limited engagement through July 7). Each path will take you on a journey where you’ll sample food and drink with poisonous connections and meet MPM experts who will tell you toxic tales about items in our collections.
Date and Time
Friday, May 17, 2019
6:30 - 9:30 p.m.
Cost and Tickets
This event is sold out.*
$30 members, $35 non-members
Admission includes entrance to MPM’s newest traveling exhibit The Power of Poison, food stations from ZHG, and samples from local vendors. Cash bar available. This is event 21+. Attendees must present a valid ID.
Have some non-fatal fun in The Power of Poison and MPM’s permanent exhibits!
- Explore poisonous dangers in turn-of-the-century Milwaukee life at work and home in the Streets of Old Milwaukee.
- Go on a venomous visit with the insects who call MPM home! You can even interact with their non-poisonous cousins if you dare.
- Discover what poisons have to be extracted before your favorite foods get to your plate at "Plants, Products, and Poison."
- Seek out food stations catered by Zilli Hospitality Group.
- Enjoy samples of not-so toxic treats and deadly drinks from local vendors.
- Celebrate poison in nature, myth, and legend; detect accidental poisonings (and maybe some not-so-accidental ones); and see how medical science is using poisons to cure what ails us.
*If you have purchased tickets to this event, please note: Due to the Eastern Conference finals Bucks game being held at the Fiserv Forum on May 17, rates and availability for parking in the lots surrounding the Museum, including MacArthur Square, may change or be limited. The Museum does not own any of the surrounding parking lots, including the attached parking lot, MacArthur Square. Please contact the City of Milwaukee parking lot office for information on parking rates at 414-286-8401. Milwaukee Public Museum members will receive their member-rated parking in MacArthur Square as usual. If you are a member, please be prepared to show your membership card upon entrance to MacArthur Square and get your ticket stamped at registration.
The Power of Poison is organized by the American Museum of Natural History, New York (amnh.org).