This year, MPM and the Milwaukee Public Library will co-sponsor a Student Poetry Competition as part of the Field Work MKE project!
Students are encouraged to explore the natural world through the lens of poetry by writing an original poem answering this guiding question: How do you see the natural world in which you live?
Milwaukee County youth ages 7-18 are eligible to submit an original poem to the Poetry Contest online. Submissions will be accepted from March 1 through April 15, 2019.
- Students must be age 7-18 to participate in the contest.
- Participants must be Milwaukee County residents to be eligible.
- Entries must address the question “How do you see yourself in the natural world?” to be eligible.
- Entries must be submitted online only.
- Individuals can only win one prize in contest.
- All submissions must be original works written by the student.
- Each individual can only submit one entry.
- Entries may be edited for publication purposes.
Prizes will be awarded to the top three in each age category: 7-9, 10-12, 13-15, and 16-18.
- 1st Place Prize: $50 Amazon gift card
- 2nd Place Prize: $25 Amazon gift card
- 3rd Place Prize: $15 Amazon gift card
Winners in each category will also receive two free admission passes to the Museum.
The competition culminates with a poetry slam inviting participants to read and share their winning poems.