Rediscover a lost civilization at MPM.
Limited Engagement: February 10 - May 28, 2018
Unlock their hidden past…
Behold their ancient mysteries.
Since news of their discovery in the jungles of Central America, the ruined cities of the majestic Maya have captured our imaginations.
Beginning February 10, 2018, MPM will host Maya: Hidden Worlds Revealed, the largest exhibition about the ancient Maya ever to be displayed in the United States. A combination of hundreds of authentic artifacts, immersive environments, multimedia, and hands-on activities, this exhibit is designed to give visitors a glimpse at a cross-section of Maya life. From divine kings who ruled powerful cities to the artisans and laborers who formed the backbone of society, Maya features spectacular examples of ancient artistry and objects. Additionally, visitors will get a close look at the scientific work being carried out at key Maya sites to understand exactly how we know what we know of this once-hidden culture.
- Hundreds of authentic artifacts
- Hands-on activities that dig into Maya life, such as building corbelled arches, exploring tombs, and more
- Replica carved monuments, or stelae, that were erected in the great plazas of Maya cities
- An exploration of Maya architecture, such as its awe-inspiring temples
- A re-creation of the elaborate royal tomb of the Great Scrolled Skull in Santa Rita Corozal, a Maya site in Belize
- An examination of the concepts of ritual and human sacrifice that allowed the Maya to transcend the earthly world and speak with the gods of the underworld
- And more!
Tickets available online:
Family Four-Pack Pricing
Coming with family or friends? On May 5, 6, 19, 20, 26, and 27, get FOUR tickets to Maya for only $75 – saving you up to $25 on admission. Details >>