During MPM's exciting sleepovers, you'll experience the Museum under the cover of darkness. Get a deeper look into one of the Museum's great exhibits or the theme of the evening through hands-on activities with MPM educators. Catch a thrilling show in our six-story dome theater, then guide your group through exhibits on a flashlight exploration. Finally, you'll be ready to "bed-down" for a night of rest in select exhibit areas.
For scout groups and families with children ages 6-12. Overnights begin at 6 p.m. on Friday evening and last until 8 a.m. the following morning.
Upcoming Themed Overnights
$50 per person, $40 for members, $45 for groups (10+ booked together, in advance).
- November 13, 2015: Native Americans
- January 22, 2016: Streets of Old Milwaukee
- February 26, 2016: Dinosaurs*
- March 18, 2016: Members Only Behind the Scenes
- April 15, 2016: Dinosaurs*
- May 20, 2016: Backyard Biology
*Dinosaur themed overnights in February and April include entrance to the Ultimate Dinosaurs special exhibit and are $60 per person, $47 for members, $55 for groups (10+ booked together, in advance).
Sample Overnight Schedule*
6-7:30pm- Check-in table is open
6-8 pm- Participate in educator-led activities
8pm- Self-guided flashlight exploration on 3rd floor
9pm- Dome theater show
9:45-10pm – Safety talk in dome theater
10:45pm- Lights out!
7:00 am - Rise and shine!
7:15am – Light breakfast
8:00am – Farewell or stay! Your wristbands admit you into the museum for Saturday admission.
*Program components and schedule are subject to change
- The reservation process starts by completing the Overnight Request form. You will want to have all guest information prior to filling out this form.
- Someone from the reservations department will contact you within 48 hours of filling out this form.
- Sleepover reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance of sleepover
- Full payment is due at the time of registration
- Special payment arrangements may be made for groups of 10 or more
- Payments are nonrefundable and nonexchangable
- Download our Overnights FAQs and Packing List
Questions? Please call the reservations department at (414) 278-2728.
Overnight tickets are non-refundable, non-exchangeable. Overnight guests are responsible for maintaining the chaperone ratio of one adult for every five children and for ensuring the children in their group meet the age range policy of 6-12 year olds. We cannot make exceptions to our age range policy.