Learn how people and animals adapt to frigid conditions to live, work, play, and celebrate during the winter months!
Participate in a variety of winter activities throughout the Museum with our Educators.
Date and Time
Saturday, January 5, 2019
11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Free with general admission
- Meet the Door County Sled Dogs! Take photos with the team and get your questions answered by their mushers from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Visit our Artifact Table to learn more about how Native Americans made the best of and had fun during winter.
- Create your own vocabulary for something important in your life, and learn why language is such a fascinating tool for understanding other cultures during our Language of Snow activity.
- Learn how frogs adapt and survive during those bitter winter months, as well as frog colors, habitats, and the frog life cycle!
- Test your skills by matching the furs and footprints of animals that roam the fierce winter wonderland near the north pole!
Snow Day at MPM presented by: