When: 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. April 3, 4 or 5
Who: April 3 - ages 6-9 - sold out!
April 4 - ages 6-9 - sold out!
April 5 - ages 9-12
Cost: $45 members, $55 non-members per camp session. Before care is available from 8-9:30 a.m. for $10 per session. After care is available from 3:30-4:30 p.m. for $7 per session.
Contact: Call (414) 278-2714 to register.
What were pirates really like? You'll find out as you set sail on the high seas in this interactive, one-day camp offered in conjunction with our special exhibition, Real Pirates, set aboard one of the most successful pirate ships of the Golden Age of Piracy. You'll be immersed in hands-on exploration of the life of a pirate, and learn pirate skills such as navigation, treasure hunting, and how to tie nautical knots. You’ll also test your pirate IQ with the “Walking the Plank” Pirate Quiz, and meet members of the Whydah's crew to find out what life was like on a real pirate ship. This program includes a guided tour of the Real Pirates exhibition with Museum education staff, and the planetarium feature Attack of the Space Pirates.
Activities for campers ages 6-9:
- Scour the Museum on a treasure hunt
- Learn to use a compass and chart
- Make your own Jolly Roger
- “Mint” a personal stash of Pieces of Eight
Activities for campers ages 9-12:
- Learn to tie nautical knots
- Calculate cannon weight and caliber of shot
- Navigate the infamous “Triangle Trade”
- Learn pirate lingo
Call (414) 278-2714 to register.
The registration deadline for Pirate Camp is two weeks prior to the first date of each session. Please download and fill out the pirate camp health form for your child and return two weeks prior to their session.
What is your refund policy?
Camp reservations are non-refundable and non-exchangeable, except in the following situations:
- If arrangements are made three weeks prior to your original program date, enrollment may be transferred to a new date and time if there is room in that program.
- If we cancel the camp due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
What about snacks and lunch?
- We will provide a morning snack every day. You must send your child with a lunch every day, in a labeled lunch bag.
Where do I drop off and pick up my children?
- In the atrium of the Museum near the Hebior Mammoth exhibit. Enter from James Lovell Street or Wells Street.