The Milwaukee Public Museum features 16,000 feet of exhibition space in which to host temporary traveling exhibitions.
Current Special Exhibition
Check below for information on our upcoming exhibits!
Exhibitions Coming Soon
Brilliant orange, bright blue, dazzling red — frogs come in an astonishing array of colors! This vivid assortment of hues hints at the remarkable diversity that exists among the frog species. From lush rainforests to parched deserts, frogs are found in nearly every environment on Earth, and their survival strategies range from surprising to bizarre. Created by Peeling Productions.
Opening Fall 2018
The Power of Poison
Whether as a defense against predators, a source of magical strength, or a lethal weapon used as lifesaving medical treatment, the story of poison is surprising at every turn. Explore poison’s paradoxical roles in nature, human health and history, literature, and myth. The Power of Poison is organized by the American Museum of Natural History, New York.
Opening Winter 2019
Past Special Exhibitions
MPM has been hosting a regular rotation of special exhibitions since the early 1990s. These exhibitions provide a way for our visitors to further explore the wonders of the world without leaving Milwaukee.
Our last seven special exhibitions include:
- Maya: Hidden Worlds Revealed - February 10 - May 28, 2018
- Weapons: Beyond the Blade - October 7, 2017 - January 1, 2018
- Global Kitchen: Food, Nature, Culture - March 3, 2017 - July 9, 2017
- Hidden Wisconsin - October 6, 2016 - January 16, 2017
- Ultimate Dinosaurs - February 7, 2016 - May 15, 2016
- Alien Worlds and Androids - October 4, 2014 - January 11, 2015
- Beyond the Veil - May 16, 2014 - September 1, 2014
- BODY WORLDS & The Cycle of Life - February 6, 2014 - June 29, 2014
- The Scoop on Poop - September 28, 2013 – January 14, 2014
- Real Pirates - December 14, 2012 - May 27, 2013