At this time, we are not accepting field trip reservations for Fall 2020.
Please check back next year. Thank you.
Planning Your Visit
- Additional add-ons available for $4.
- Dome Theater-only admission available for $6.
- Ask us about Special Exhibit add-ons!
- Required chaperones are free to the Museum, or additional fee to the Special Exhibit.
- Discounts on field trip are also available through our Fossil Fuel Fund.
- Prices subject to change. Valid Monday-Friday only.
FREE Fall Field Trips for Milwaukee County School Groups
K - 12 school and educational institutions from Milwaukee County can visit MPM for free on any weekday in September, October, and November. In order to help the Museum prepare for group visits, registration is required for school groups that wish to attend MPM on a free admission day. Please call 414-278-2714 to reserve your spot. Please note that school groups are not eligible to attend MPM for free on any Kohl's Thank You Thursday.
Please remember that school trips are already discounted. No additional coupons or membership benefits will apply. Home school educators must show their PI 1206 form to receive the discounted rates.
Homeschools do qualify for our school group rates. Homeschool educators must show their PI 1206 form to receive the school rates.
When coming on a field trip, homeschools may not use MPM membership benefits.
Education Investigations, Early Learnings, or Exhibit Tours require a minimum charge of 10 students to book a program.
Hot Lunch Options
Lunch times are 20 minutes long and scheduled on the half hour in our student lunch room. Reservation required two weeks in advance.
- No Lunch - You can opt to skip lunch or eat at a location outside of the Museum.
- Bring Your Own Lunch - If you choose to bring your own lunches, you will be scheduled for a 20-minute lunch period in the student lunchroom. We will collect your lunches upon arrival, store them for you, deliver them to your group at your assigned time, and store them again until your departure.
- Museum Cafe - Please note that only student groups who purchase lunch from the cafe may dine in the Museum Cafe.
Field Trip Scheduling Policies and Procedures
School group rates are available Monday – Friday. To qualify for the school group discount you must make a purchase for a minimum of 10 students and belong to an educational organization.
- Planetarium Programs are available at various times throughout the day.
- Education Investigations and Exhibit Tours are available Monday – Friday, at 10:30 and 11:30 a.m.
- The Museum requires that you make and prepay your reservation at least two weeks prior to your visit.
- All Guided Exhibit Tours, theater, and Special Exhibit tickets, and Planetarium and Education Investigations are subject to availability.
- Early Learning groups require a minimum of one adult teacher / chaperone (18+ years) for every five students.
- Grades 1-12 require a minimum of one teacher / chaperone (18+ years) for every ten students.
- Chaperones within the required ratio are free to the Museum. Additional chaperones will be charged $11 admission.
- For weekend group program or home school information contact our reservations office at 888-700-9069 or 414-278-2714.
- All field trip reservations must be made via phone at 414-278-2714 or 888-700-9069.
- Discounted rates are valid for prepaid reservations only.
- School groups not preregistered will be charged full price admission.
Field Trip Call Center Hours
Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
You will be e-mailed, faxed, or mailed a confirmation letter within one week. Please carefully review your confirmation letter and contact MPM immediately to make changes.
All payments are due two weeks prior to arrival. We accept cash, check, Master Card, Visa, Discover Card, and American Express. We do not accept Purchase Orders. Reservations not paid by the due date are subject to cancellation.
Cancellations, Changes, and Refunds
School groups may modify their numbers before payment is received. Subject to availability. Please check your numbers carefully. Reservations are non-refundable once payment is received.
- No individual refunds will be given.
- Field trips can only be rescheduled in cases where school has been cancelled.
The Museum Marketplace
Complete your MPM visit with a stop in the Museum Marketplace. Browse the large selection of books, educational kits, toys, and souvenirs for every age level. Remember, students must be accompanied by chaperones in the Marketplace.
Directions to MPM
We are located at 800 West Wells Street, at the corner of James Lovell Drive (7th Street) and Wells. You may also find directions on our Directions & Parking page.
Bus Loading/Unloading Zones
- West side of James Lovell Street at Museum entrance.
- North side of Wells (now 2-way) between James Lovell (7th Street) and 8th Street at MPM entrance.
- There is no on-site bus parking.
- Please refer to the bus guidelines in your confirmation packet for parking instructions. Loading zones are reserved for buses from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Parked or unattended buses in these areas will be ticketed.
- Load/unload ten minutes before/after arrival times.
School leader needs to check-in at the School/Group Pick-up window to acquire wristbands and any Special Exhibit/Dome Theater tickets.
Group leader must turn in a signed Behavior Contract to receive wristbands.
- Each school group will receive a welcome and safety talk prior to entering the Museum.
- Lunches will be collected and stored until scheduled lunchroom time.
- Lockers or bins will be provided for coats subject to availability. We recommend leaving coats and backpacks on the bus if possible.
*Note: Wristbands must be worn by chaperones and students at all times.
Safety and Rules of Decorum
To ensure a quality visit for all our groups, please follow the guidelines below:
- All students must be with a teacher or chaperone and supervised at all times.
- For the safety and enjoyment of all visitors, disruptive or unsafe behavior will not be permitted and may result in the entire group being asked to leave without a refund.
- No food, gum, beverages, or candy are allowed on the exhibit floors.
- We recommend students wear school nametags or matching t-shirts to identify your group.