Learn how people and animals adapt to frigid conditions to live, work, play, and celebrate during the winter months!
Participate in a variety of winter activities throughout the Museum with our Educators.
Date and Time
Saturday, January 11, 2020
11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Free with general admission; free to members
- Meet the Door County Sled Dogs! Take photos with the team and get your questions answered by their mushers from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Catch the premier of Superpower Dogs in the Dome Theater!
- Create your own vocabulary for something important in your life, and learn why language is such a fascinating tool for understanding other cultures during our Language of Snow activity.
- Hear about the Sami people of northern Scandinavia. Take a look at some Museum artifacts to learn more about the winter traditions and lifestyle of this often-overlooked indigenous group.
- Learn how spiders adapt and survive during those bitter winter months.
- Test your skills by matching the furs and footprints of animals that roam the fierce winter wonderland near the north pole!