MPM tour guides, known as Docents, are highly trained volunteers.
Training can be demanding, but is also rewarding. You will have the chance to delve into one of your interests in a way that gives back to the community. Imagine sharing your love of Milwaukee history, rainforest ecology, or dinosaurs with dozens of fascinated students!
Training is a nine-month process, starting with four all-day Saturday sessions. Docent trainees will research a gallery and create their own unique tour for that gallery.
Register for docent training by emailing Amanda Stopar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for registration is July 31st.
- Attendance at all-day training sessions held the second Saturday of the month September-December from 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Availability to lead school groups after completion.
- Complete one unique tour for your area and one 15-minute window interpretation by February 15.
- Ability to interpret full galleries for guests.
- Permission to lead school and public tours.
- Invitations to participate in docent-exclusive events, including Streets and European Village Alive!, the annual docent outing, and fun development classes throughout the year.