1. If I purchase a membership today, when can I use it?
You can use it right away! For online orders, please print or show your confirmation email. For in-person or phone orders, please request a temporary pass.
2. How long does it take for membership cards to arrive?
It takes 3-6 weeks for membership cards to arrive, but you can visit before then with a photo ID.
3. What if I lost my membership cards?
Contact MuseumNews@mpm.edu or 414-278-6170 for replacement cards ($5 handling fee), or you can show your photo ID for verification.
4. How do I remove someone from my membership?
Return BOTH of your cards to Membership Services, and let us know who to remove. We'll then send you a new set.
5. When does my membership expire?
One year from date of purchase; the expiration is printed on your membership card. You will receive a reminder to renew at least 3 months in advance.
6. How do I upgrade my membership?
You can upgrade at any point during your membership, from any level to any level. Contact 414-278-6170 or upgrade in-person.
7. How much does upgrading cost?
The cost to upgrade is the level you wish to upgrade to minus your current level cost.
8. When will my membership expire if I upgrade?
It will expire the same time as your original membership; upgrading does not extend your membership.
9. How do I purchase a gift membership?
Gift memberships are sold as vouchers that the recipient can redeem. You can purchase a gift voucher online, in-person at any Ticket window, or by phone at 414-278-6170. The recipient’s name and membership details will be collected when the voucher is redeemed. All gift membership vouchers must be redeemed within 90 days of purchase
10. Can my babysitter bring my children?
Yes, if you have the Plus Caregiver option (a $30 add-on).
11. Can my children visit without me?
Children 15 and younger must be accompanied by the adult member (or babysitter with Plus Caregiver option). Children ages 16-17 may visit the Museum alone, using a parent's membership.
For children visiting alone:
1) You must call 414-278-6170 to add your child's name to your membership.
2) Your child will be required to show a driver's license, state ID, or school ID. Child's last name must match a name on the membership.
3) Member benefits only extend to your child, not non-member friends.
12. Is my membership tax-deductible?
Milwaukee Public Museum, Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. Your membership is tax-deductible, less the fair market value of any benefits you receive. The value of Dome Theater/Planetarium tickets is $6, which is not tax-deductible.
If you would like a receipt, contact MuseumNews@mpm.edu or 414-278-6170.
13. How do I make/change a reservation to a Museum event?
Contact 414-278-6170 or 888-700-9069.
14. How far in advance can I make a reservation?
You can RSVP when the event appears on our website, in the member magazine (Curio), the Member News emails, or when you receive an invitation in the mail.
15. How do I subscribe/unsubscribe to Member News emails?
Contact MuseumNews@mpm.edu or 414-278-6170 to let us know. By email, put Subscribe to Member News or Unsubscribe to Member News in the subject line.
16. How do I change my mailing address?
Contact MuseumNews@mpm.edu or 414-278-6170 with your old and new mailing address.
17. How do I unsubscribe from Member mailings, like the magazine?
Contact MuseumNews@mpm.edu or 414-278-6170 to let us know. By email, put Unsubscribe from Mailings in the subject line.
18. Where do members park? Is there a discount?
Please see Directions and Parking.
19. Where do members eat?
Please see Where to Eat.
20. Where do members shop?
Please see Where to Shop.
21. Why are credit card payments charged a convenience fee?
To offset transaction costs, credit card payments incur a convenience fee. This allows more of your donation to support the Museum's mission. We continue to accept other payment methods, including cash and paper checks, which incur no additional fees.
22. What if I have other questions?
Contact the Membership Office, weekdays 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Mail: Milwaukee Public Museum
800 West Wells Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233