Please review our newest policies below to help plan your next visit to the Milwaukee Public Museum. The health and safety of our visitors and staff is our highest priority.
Timing is Everything
A timed ticket is required for entry for all visitors, including members. Tickets are limited to meet a reduced visitor capacity, so advanced online purchase is strongly recommended.
For the safety of the community and our staff, a mask is required to be worn by all visitors ages three and over per the City of Milwaukee ordinance. Learn more about how to wear a face mask here, and why they're important here.
Know Where to Go
All visitors* must enter through MPM’s main entrance on Wells Street and during the 30-minute entry window indicated on their ticket.
Map it Out
In order to maintain proper distancing during your visit, one-way paths have been created through each floor of the Museum. Please follow these routes as you enjoy the exhibits. Preview or download the maps here.
Please maintain six-foot social distancing between family groups during your visit.
Please take advantage of the hand sanitizer stations throughout the Museum and avoid touching surfaces.
See You Soon
All visitors should exit through the MacArthur Square parking structure exit in order to avoid cross-traffic patterns.
The Personal Cares and Sensory Rooms remain open for use. Complimentary wheelchairs are available at the ticket window. For information on availability of additional services at this time, please visit our FAQ.
*If you have a disability and need to enter through the MacArther Square parking structure, please proceed to the main concourse for ticketing/scanning.
Updated Cleaning Procedures
- MPM’s professional cleaning team is onsite during operating hours to sanitize and clean the restrooms, lunchroom, common areas, and exhibit galleries, including frequent cleaning of surfaces that hands touch to reduce the spread of germs (i.e. doorknobs, light switches, handles, etc.)
- Deep cleaning takes place when the Museum is closed; floors are mopped and vacuumed, restrooms are deep-cleaned, and all surfaces are sanitized.
- The air in the building is circulated with fresh air to maintain clean air at all times.
- Signs are displayed throughout the Museum to remind visitors to wash their hands.
- All staff members are required to frequently wash their hands.
How you, the visitor, can help:
- Please utilize our 25+ hand sanitizer stations located throughout the Museum.
- Maintain social distancing. A six-foot distance is is required between family groups; that's 18 swallowtail butterflies!
- Stay home if you are not well. We welcome all families to visit when they are healthy and ready to play!
- Notify Museum staff if an area or object needs attention.
Employee Safety Guidelines
- Staff enter and exit MPM through the Loading Dock/Security Dispatch only.
- All employees must pass a COVID-19 screening prior to reporting to work each day.
- Masks will be worn in all common areas of the Museum at all times.
- Staff will maintain a six-foot social distance at all times, or be behind a plexiglass barrier, and avoid touching surfaces.
Hours and Tickets
Please note our new hours of operation will be Thursdays through Sundays, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Still have questions? Please review our Visitor Policy FAQ.