Plan a field trip to the Museum!
Capacity is currently limited and monitored to ensure we safely welcome back school groups.
Click the button below to request your field trip reservation:
Planning Your Visit
MPM + an Education Program
MPM + a Dome Theater Giant Film
- Additional add-ons available for $4.
- Dome Theater-only admission available for $6.
- Required chaperones are free to the Museum, or additional fee to the special exhibit.
- $8 reduced student rate available for schools with at least 60% of the student population enrolled in or qualifying for free/reduced lunch per the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction report.
*Prices subject to change. Valid Monday-Friday only, excluding Tuesdays and Kohl’s Thank You Thursdays.
Homeschools do qualify for our school group rates. Homeschool educators must show their PI 1206 form to receive the school rates. Field trips must be booked and paid for at least two weeks in advance to qualify.
Education programs require a minimum charge of 10 students to book a program. Homeschools may not use MPM membership benefits towards field trips.
STUDENT Lunch Options
Lunch times are 20 minutes long in our Student Lunchroom. Reservation required two weeks in advance.
- No Lunch - You can opt to skip lunch or eat at a location outside of the Museum.
- Bring Your Own Cold Lunch - If you choose to bring your own lunches, you will be scheduled for a 20-minute lunch period in the Student Lunchroom. We will collect your lunches upon arrival, store them for you, deliver them to your group at your assigned time, and store them again until your departure.
- MPM cannot provide access to any microwaves or heat any food items.
- Museum Cafe - Please note that only student groups who purchase lunch from the cafe may dine in the Museum Cafe.
Field Trip Scheduling Policies and Procedures
School group rates are available Monday–Friday (excluding Tuesdays and Kohl’s Thank You Thursdays). To qualify for the school group discount, you must make a purchase for a minimum of 10 students and belong to an educational organization.
- Planetarium programs are available at various times throughout the day on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Education programs are available Monday-Friday (excluding Tuesdays and Kohl’s Thank You Thursdays), at 10:30 and 11:30 a.m.
- The Museum requires that you make and prepay your reservation at least two weeks prior to your visit.
- Grades 1-12 require a minimum of one teacher / chaperone (18+ years) for every five students.
- Chaperones within the required ratio are free to the Museum. Additional chaperones will be charged $12 general admission.
- Total chaperone count must include all educators/teachers and adults accompanying the school on the field trip. Chaperones cannot be added on the day of. Please call 414-278-2714 to discuss any needed considerations at least two weeks prior to the field trip.
- For weekend group programs or home school information, please click here.
- Discounted rates are valid for prepaid reservations only.
- School groups not pre-registered will be charged full price admission.
- MPM memberships cannot be applied to any portion of the reservation, including chaperones.
Field Trip Call Center Hours
For further information, call 414-278-2714 or 888-700-9069, Wednesday - Monday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Reservations are not taken over the phone.
You will be e-mailed a confirmation letter within one week. Please carefully review your confirmation letter and contact MPM immediately to make changes.
All payments are due two weeks prior to arrival. We accept cash, check, Master Card, Visa, Discover Card, and American Express. We do not accept Purchase Orders. Reservations not paid by the due date are subject to cancellation.
Cancellations, Changes, and Refunds
School groups may modify their numbers before payment is received, subject to availability. Please check your numbers carefully. Reservations are non-refundable once payment is received.
- No individual refunds or passes will be given. A group raincheck will be issued for the number of students not able to attend for the school to use for future field trip reservations.
- Field trips can only be rescheduled in cases where school has been cancelled.
The Museum Marketplace
Complete your MPM visit with a stop to the Museum Marketplace! Browse the large selection of books, educational kits, toys, and souvenirs for every age level. Remember, students must be accompanied by chaperones in the Marketplace.
Directions to MPM
We are located at 800 West Wells Street, at the corner of James Lovell Drive (7th Street) and Wells. You may also find directions on our Getting Here page.
Bus Loading/Unloading Zones
- Westside of James Lovell Street at Museum entrance.
- Northside of Wells (now two-way) between James Lovell (7th Street) and 8th Street at MPM entrance.
- There is no onsite bus parking.
- Please refer to the bus guidelines in your confirmation packet for parking instructions. Loading zones are reserved for buses from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Parked or unattended buses in these areas will be ticketed.
- Load/unload 10 minutes before/after arrival times.
School leader needs to check in at the School/Group Pick-up window to acquire wristbands and any special exhibit/Dome Theater tickets.
Group leader must turn in a signed Behavior Contract to receive wristbands.
- Each school group will receive a welcome and safety talk prior to entering the Museum.
- Cold lunches will be collected and stored until scheduled lunchroom time.
- Lockers or bins will be provided for coats subject to availability. We recommend leaving coats and backpacks on the bus if possible.
Note: Wristbands must be worn by chaperones and students at all times.
Safety and Rules of Decorum
To ensure a quality visit for all our groups, please follow the guidelines below:
- All students must be with a teacher or chaperone and supervised at all times.
- For the safety and enjoyment of all visitors, disruptive or unsafe behavior will not be permitted and may result in the entire group being asked to leave without a refund.
- No food, gum, beverages, or candy are allowed on the exhibit floors.
- We recommend students wear school name-tags or matching T-shirts to identify your group.