Treat your little one to a themed birthday experience they'll remember forever!
Enjoy up to two hours of time in our party space, admission to the Museum, and best of all, the chance for your entire birthday bunch to interact with MPM! Experience real butterflies in our indoor butterfly garden, discover the world of dinosaurs, or take a trip back in time to Ancient Egypt.
You'll love how easy we make party-planning! The birthday child will love their extra-special birthday gift, and you'll have the option to purchase themed gift bags for their guests.
$300; $250 for members (the person with the MPM membership must be the one booking the party request)
Non-refundable deposit in the amount of the above base cost required to hold date and time.
*Must be paid in full two weeks prior to the date of the party or risk cancellation of reservation.
CAPACITY AND AGES
Up to 15 guests, with an additional 10 guests (25 max) at $15 per person; recommended for kids ages 5-10
Capacity includes anyone in attendance at the party (both adults and children, MPM members and nonmembers). MPM requires one adult for every six children in attendance. MPM staff members are not responsible for supervising children while they are visiting the Museum. Clowns, characters/mascots, live animals, and all other outside entertainment are prohibited.
A request form must be submitted at least five weeks in advance.
- Access to the permanent exhibits of the Museum
- Personal welcome to the Museum from MPM staff member to your group (staff will not be facilitating the party activities)
- Two hours of party space rental
- Museum-themed photo cutouts (pending availability)
- Special gift for the birthday child
- Your choice of Museum-provided, self-guided craft activities
- Party setup and clean-up by Museum staff. You are able to arrive 15 minutes before the event to also set up your own decorations (no glitter, confetti, open flames/lit candles, hanging decor, or balloons allowed).
- Email and print invitations and thank you notes
WHAT CAN I BRING?
- Dessert from licensed bakery (no refrigerator provided)*
- Disposable place settings (plates, napkins, and utensils are not provided)
- Specialty decorations (no glitter, confetti, open flames/lit candles, hanging decor, or balloons allowed)
*Other outside food or beverages are prohibited for birthday parties. The Museum Café is open for lunchtime hours.
BIRTHDAY PARTY ADD-ONS
- Add a gift bag for each youth for $6 per child. Gift bags include a combination of butterfly, dinosaur, and ancient civilization-themed gifts.
- Add a giant screen or 3D film to your birthday party for just $6 per adult, youth, or senior. Add on a Planetarium program for free! See our current line-up to find the perfect theater experience to complement your party.
Additional Questions? Call 414-278-2728 to speak to a Customer Service Representative.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are both adults and children counted toward the total number of guests?
Yes. We do require one adult for every six children in attendance.
Some of my guests are members at the Museum. Do we still include them in the guest count?
All adults and children attending the party (are in the room, participate in the activity, etc.) do count towards your final guest count.
Are there age limitations for the birthday child?
The birthday party package is suitable for children ages 5-10.
Can I decorate myself?
Absolutely! Feel free to bring paper decorations, photos, or posters. We cannot allow birthday candles or any other source of open flame –- the Museum has an LED “candle” you can use. Glitter, confetti, open flames, hanging décor, and balloons are prohibited to ensure the safety of the Museum’s collection.
Am I responsible for set-up and clean-up of the party space?
No. The room will be available 15 minutes prior to the party start time. Clean-up of the party space will begin 15 minutes following the party end time.
Can I stay late?
If you and your guests are staying at the Museum, we will provide bins to store coats and gifts until departure. The room will no longer be available 15 minutes following the party end time.
Does the Museum provide invitations?
Yes! You may download invitations and thank-yous here:
How do I use the email invite and thank-you files?
You will need to use Adobe Acrobat Reader to create your invitation and thank-you. Open up the invite or thank-you, fill out the document, and save the document as a different name.
What is the special birthday gift?
The birthday gift is based on your selected theme and availability. If you would like more information about the gift, please contact your MPM representative.
Are we able to see a Planetarium program with the birthday party?
Yes, Planetarium programs are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Am I able to bring outside entertainment?
Clowns, characters/mascots, live animals, and all other outside entertainment are prohibited.
How long can we stay at the Museum?
All day! Birthday party rentals give access to the Museum for the entire day, before and after your party time slot. The party space will only be available for your use during the two-hour time slot.
Will MPM staff chaperone the children through the exhibits?
MPM staff members are not responsible for supervising children while they are visiting the Museum. Please make sure you have a sufficient number of chaperones at your party to aid in supervision.
START PLANNING YOUR EVENT