1. If I purchase a membership today, when can I use it?
You can use it right away! All membership cards are now digital. To get your digital card:
- Download the eMembership Card app from Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Select Milwaukee Public Museum, then choose Find My Membership Cards.
- Enter your membership number and last name, or phone number and last name.
- Note: If you have multiple phone numbers with us, only one of those will work.
If you don’t wish to have a digital card, you can visit MPM by showing a photo ID instead.
2. How do I remove someone from my membership?
We can remove someone from a membership prior to its expiration date if both people on the membership consent. Otherwise, upon renewal, the adults named on the membership can be changed.
3. When does my membership expire?
One year from date of purchase; the expiration is shown on your digital membership card. You will receive a reminder to renew at least three months in advance.
4. How do I upgrade my membership?
You can upgrade at any point during your membership, from any level to any level. Contact 414-278-6170 or upgrade in-person.
5. How much does upgrading cost?
The cost to upgrade is the level you wish to upgrade to minus your current level cost.
6. When will my membership expire if I upgrade?
It will expire the same time as your original membership; upgrading does not extend your membership.
7. How do I purchase a gift membership?
You can purchase a gift membership online, in-person at any Ticket window, or by phone at 414-278-6170. You will need the name and address of your recipient.
8. Can my babysitter bring my children?
This benefit is only available at select membership levels. To view benefits associated with each level, please click here.
9. Can my children visit without me?
Children 15 and younger must be accompanied by the adult member (or babysitter with appropriate level). Children ages 16-17 may visit the Museum alone, using a parent's membership.
For children visiting alone:
- You must call 414-278-6170 to let the Museum know of your child’s visit.
- Your child will be required to show a driver's license, state ID, or school ID. Child's last name must match a name on the membership.
- Member benefits only extend to your child, not non-member friends.
10. Is my membership tax-deductible?
Milwaukee Public Museum, Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. Your membership is tax-deductible, less the fair market value of any benefits you receive. The value of Dome Theater/Planetarium tickets is $6, which is not tax-deductible.
If you would like a receipt, contact MuseumNews@mpm.edu or 414-278-6170.
11. How do I make/change a reservation to a Museum event?
Contact 414-278-6170 or 888-700-9069.
12. How far in advance can I make a reservation?
You can RSVP when the event appears on our website, in member communications, the Member News emails, or when you receive an invitation in the mail.
13. How do I subscribe/unsubscribe to Member News emails?
Contact MuseumNews@mpm.edu or 414-278-6170 to let us know. By email, put Subscribe to Member News or Unsubscribe to Member News in the subject line.
14. How do I change my mailing address?
Contact MuseumNews@mpm.edu or 414-278-6170 with your old and new mailing address.
15. How do I unsubscribe from Member mailings?
Contact MuseumNews@mpm.edu or 414-278-6170 to let us know. By email, put Unsubscribe from Mailings in the subject line.
16. Where do members park? Is there a discount?
Please see Directions and Parking.
17. Where do members eat/shop?
Please see our newest Visitor Policies page for up-to-date information.
18. Why are credit card payments charged a convenience fee?
To offset transaction costs, credit card payments incur a convenience fee. This allows more of your donation to support the Museum's mission. We continue to accept other payment methods, including cash and paper checks, which incur no additional fees.
19. What if I have other questions?
Contact the Membership Office, weekdays 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Mail: Milwaukee Public Museum
800 West Wells Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233