See some of the Milwaukee Public Museum's most intriguing items at MPM Inside Out.
Date and Time
Friday, May 1, 2020
5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Free, members-only event!
Required, beginning in April 2020.
MPM Inside Out features objects not normally on view. Discover research from Museum curators, enjoy and observe unique presentations, and more. You can even try to stump our experts with your questions, and go behind-the-scenes of the Daniel M. Soref Dome Theater and Planetarium!
2019 Presentations Included:
- Shipwrecked! Exploring Underwater Archaeology – Learn the fascinating history of maritime trade and seafaring.
- The Story of the Tell Hadidi Beads — Discover how these beads were made over 3,000 years ago.
- What if Half of Wisconsin’s Plant Life Disappeared? — Explore what our state would look life if half of our plant life disappeared.
- The Frankfurth Collection — View ancient Roman glass and many other objects donated by William Frankfurth in the 19th century.
- Oaxacan Textiles — See distinctive textiles and weaving techniques that have been perfected by many indigenous groups.
- Crossing Oceans, Crossing Cultures — Learn about the spread of African cultures around the world as a result of the African Diaspora.
- Truly American — Explore why the American flag has been incorporated into American Indian items by native artists for centuries.
- 3D Photogrammetry and Extreme Macrophotography — See the steps involved in making 3D models of museum specimens and magnified photographs.
- All That Glistens — View a selection of 19th-century decorative glass.
- Evolution of Arthropods — Learn the incredible evolutionary history of arthropods, a group of animals which make up 80% of life on Earth.
- Photography of Sumner W. Matteson — Explore Milwaukee through the eyes of a turn-of-the-century photographer.
- Learning the Exhibit Process — See intriguing table-top exhibits by 20 UW-Milwaukee Museum Studies graduate students.
And many more!
Not a member yet? Join today!
To offset transaction costs, credit card payments for The Power of Poison add-on incur a $3 fee by phone (onsite fees differ). Payment due at time of reservation.